spoon

Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops

Category: ,

I'm trying to get better at keeping things simple on weeknight. I was starting to loose interest in cooking during the week, and I realized the problem is that I tend to complicate things. Since my husband is just as happy eating a sandwich as a multi-course meal, I realized I should make things a little easier on myself. Here is a great example which was inspired by Melissa's Fig & Gorgonzola Stuff Pork Chops.


With a few simple ingredients, I had 1/2 of our meal packed with flavor and ready within minutes. The side I served was not so simple, and not that great, so I'll spare you those details. This is really more of a method than a recipe, just take a look at what you have on hand and go from there.

Here is what you'll need:
  • 2 thick pork chops
  • 2 oz honey goat cheese (or any type of cheese)
  • 3 tsp dried cranberries (or any type of dried fruit)
  • salt and pepper
  • olive oil  
Slice pork chops horizontally, cutting almost all the way through but being careful to leave them in 1 piece.

Stuff each pork chop with 1 oz goat cheese and 1 1/2 tsp dried cranberries. Salt and pepper the outside of the pork chops.

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Place pork chops in the pan and let cook 5-7 minutes until browned. Flip over and cook another 4-6 minutes until browned and cooked through.
    Source: Inspired by I Was Born to Cook

    Comment (1)

    I've been trying to do the same thing with weeknight meals - or prepping them ahead of time. Like I prepped tonight's pastisio last night, so tonight I just need to assemble and cook.